twenty-nine years

1:14 AM Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Twenty-nine years...

Enough time to have scabbed knees and gotten chicken pox and the measles...

But not yet enough to have seen the world.

Enough time to have run with wolves, gone out with jerks, and learned to be a b!tch...

But not yet enough to really be an authority in love and life.

Enough time to have bridged distances and forged friendships...

But not yet enough to really say, I have made a difference in this world.

Enough time to have gotten inspired, and be amazed and know joy

But not yet enough to have been a mentor to someone else.

Enough time to find a good person to spend a lifetime with...

But not yet enough to be a mother to my own kids.

Enough time to have enjoyed my parents, my family...

But not yet enough to let them go.

Enough time to have realized some of my dreams...

But not yet enough to have stopped dreaming.

I turn twenty-nine years today... and I am grateful for all the things those years have given me.

I turn twenty-nine years today... and I am asking for twenty-nine years more.

*~*

It is also Pyro's anniversary today.

*~*

For the 2nd time in my life, I will be spending my birthday away from my family... watch out for my travelogue on Davao next week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment