The End of Freaky

1:23 PM Friday, June 26, 2009

And maybe, with the death of Michael Jackson, he will start being inspiring again.

Because he WAS inspiring. Back when MTV was still fairly young, I lived fos his MTVs. My fave of all time is REMEMBER THE TIME and it was only today that I realized that it was Eddie Murphy who played pharaoh there. I thought WILL YOU BE THERE? was such a sad, lonely, desperate song but I responded to its feeling. I even defended and rationalized the white skin before... but then he just started being really freaky and creepy and sad.

Do I believe he really exploited those kids? Yes. But not as badly as what the news said. I mean, it's pretty obvious he's disturbed, and for his problems to take on a sexual manifestation is certainly not suprising. But I also think he's fragile enough not to have been able to handle abusing so many kids at the same time (as what was reported before). But anyway, that's that and now, there is still his musical legacy.

So to honor an artist I admired, I made my son sit through Thriller, Remember the Time, Black or White and Man in The Mirror.

My top MJ songs are Man in the Mirror, Gone Too Soon and One Day In Your Life. My heart also responds to She's Out of My Life and Ben, of course.

*~*

Like A Perfect Flower
That Is Just Beyond Your Reach
Gone Too Soon


So sad that MJ seems to have never gotten the peace he was looking for. But I hope he's had many a happy times.

And the first one I thought of when I heard he died was Elizabeth Taylor... his staunch supporter and great friend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment