1:20 PM Tuesday, November 18, 2003

DETACHMENT

should have been this good word that affords people an opportunity for objectivity... for a greater perspective of things... for a more rational decision...

How come then it's something that has made me more a prisoner of my irrational thinking? How come it's pushing loved ones away? How come I cannot even turn to friends for some consolation? How come I just grow sadder and infinitely more closed to the people I need and want in my life?

And the funny thing that has never occurred to me before is that one can get lost in his detachment... because sooner or later, the things you hold dear get lost.... are taken away... move on... give up...

And you wake up from your daze, from that place where you sought solace in, believing you NEEDED the respite from the pain... and you wonder where all the important things have gone... and what things, persons, memories you are still attached to...

*~*

A reason to smile.... my friend, Bhing, is due to give birth on Dec. 17. When I told the news to another friend, Allee.. she asked...

"Aba, at sino naman ang mahiwagang ama?"

Ahhh.... another sign that society has evolved into a funnier or weirder world.... where anything and everything can happen.

*~*

First time I ate at Pier One... there's this new one at Buendia, where the old Boom na Boom used to be... and anyway, am in love with vanilla ice cream milk shake. Sigh... it was just really perfect...

0 comments:

Post a Comment