Happy for Godson

7:06 AM Thursday, October 08, 2009

I have recently reconnected with a college pal, whose eldest child is my godson. The last time I saw him was at his christening some 3 years ago. He inherited his mother's seizure disorder so I have always worried about him.

Well, now at least I have news. After going through the alphabet of medications he can take, they finally found something he totally reponds to. What's more, he need only take that medicine instead of having to take four others. So now, he's started standing up. Finally, the neurons breaking have stopped and the seizures are few and far between. Finally, he is making headway in his psychomotor development. Maybe his language development will also happen in the next year or two, and it's okay if he's delayed so long as he gets there. His Mom tells me she gets teary just watching her eldest stand up, I couldn't tell her that I teared up as well when she was telling me.

I can't wait to see him again. And at least I know there is hope for him yet.

Hopefully, his condition really brings the compassionate nature of his younger sister out... and that Yasmin helps Kuya Xam every way she can, since she's more advanced developmentally.

0 comments:

Post a Comment