are you insured?

8:31 PM Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I am. A life insurance was my first Christmas gift to myself when I started working. Either I was that aware or I was that insecure.

But really, one should always protect oneself. In this country of bad economy, it isn't enough that you pay your SSS, GSIS, Philhealth and Pag-Ibig dues. Although they are helpful, they cannot really sustain you for extended periods of trying times.

Now that I have a family of my own, I can fully appreciate why my colleagues were hounding the Management of my former company for some Employee Benefit Package.

And now that i've quit my job, I am really hard at work researching family insurance or a life insurance no exam deal so we can start investing on a good one for the family. It's not just having a back-up plan for when one of us dies (which reminds me, we still have got to get a funeral services and memorial plan) but it's also about having a retirement plan for when we're old and wrinkled and gray and stooped and barely coherent.

0 comments:

Post a Comment