my friend and her wine

9:23 PM Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I was sharing my anxieties over raising my son to eat healthy with my friends via our e-group and it resulted in many sharings from them. One of them told us how happy she is that her five-year old son isn't fond of sweets and chocolates. She even keeps offering him wine and beer and he'd just say, "Mom, how many times do I have to tell you that I don't want beer?"

Isn't that cute?

Oh, they're in Belgium by the way and as we all know, Europe is big on wine. Same friend even drank red wine during her pregnancy. Red wine is great with meat (like steak) while white wine is great with fish. In mini get-togethers, my friend is sure to serve her favorite Merlot with guests, and then go online when she's happily inebriated to regale us with how many glasses she's had and how bubbly and giggly she is.

Isn't she cute?

So yeah, all her friends know that wine is something she would really delight in as a gift.

0 comments:

Post a Comment