send flowers

6:05 PM Saturday, February 23, 2008

Valentine month is probably the only time in a year when men all over the world send flowers to women.

Red roses are the usual, with red suggesting love, passion and romance. Of course, some women are opting for pastel-colored roses... while some men want to impress with exotic blue ones.

I personally prefer gerberas, because they look happy. Take note, I wasn't a flower person till I fell really, truly in love.

Anyway, May is still two months away but it's the only time when men and women alike send flowers to so many important, beloved women: their mothers. I know some hate the commercialization these occasions have turned into but if people have to be reminded to appreciate what their mothers have done for them, why not?

For ideas, check VogueFlowers.com (where I got the pretty picture).

0 comments:

Post a Comment